Thursday, September 4, 2008

Book Review: Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Down


I was very excited when I saw this book at my church library. I read books 1, 3, and 4 last year and enjoyed them, but the public library didn't have book 2. The story follows a diverse group of women who meet at a Woman's Conference and are randomly placed in a prayer group together. They decide to keep meeting and praying together after the conference ends and these 4 books follow their lives and tribulations.
This book of the series tells the story of how during a prayer meeting the women are robbed by a drugged out young lady and how their lives are effected.
I thought that the full series was 4 books, but after checking out Neta Jackson's website I learnt that the series is actually 7 books. So now I am adding the remaining 4 books to my to-be-read list.
It's a really easy reading book, but I find the series a great reminder to me of how important prayer/conversation with God really is. And *really* with a message like that how can I go wrong?

No comments: