Sunday, February 24, 2008

Meeting with other knitters is great

For the past year or so I have gone to Knitting Meetups in Vancouver. I love getting together with other knitters because it encourages me to keep on knitting. I love to see what projects other people are working on! Its also a great way to get help or learn new things.

Vancouver is about a 30 minute drive from my house. Not so bad but still it would nice to have it closer. Well, one of the ladies I met at a Vancouver Meetup has organized a great together of knitters in Richmond. We met at a local community centre that is only about 10 minutes from my house. I love that its so close! We had about 8 people gather to knit and chat. The community centre room is currently available one a month, but they said if we have a large turnout we could use the room twice a month. So we'll see how it goes.

After seeing the projects other group members were making I am now inspired to make something felted. One woman was making a felted bag in such great and bright colours! Someone else was working a big enterlac project and it looked so wonderful. I've made one small garterlac project (a dishcloth) but I think I should try it again now that I know the basics of how its done.

Someone else was showing off her fingerless mitts made from Noro yarn and I love the colours! All of my projects so far have been made with yarn that you can find at Michaels. Nothing wrong with Michaels (I love the cheap cost) but I think I'm ready to try some new yarns.

I haven't done much knitting this weekend as I've had a cold. And this past week I was reading more than I was knitting. (The Choice by Nicholas Sparks) So not many new projects but I hope to get back into it this week.

Happy Knitting Everyone!

No comments: