Friday, June 12, 2009

Friday Fave Five# 41

It's been awhile since I've done Friday Fave Fives, but I thought I'd join in today.

"It's a place to come on Friday's and think back over your week and just post about 5 favorite things from your week. It can be anything that tickled your fancy over the week. Favorite quotes, posts, happenings, scriptures, recipes, pictures, great internet finds, etc., etc. Go ahead and grab the button and make your own post. Link to the Living to Tell the Story Fave Five post of that week and then add yourself to the Mr. Linky."


1) Up - I saw the movie Up in 3D last night, and what a great movie it was! It's been a while since I've laughed so hard at a movie. But I cried too. I let the theatre saying "I really liked this moment... Wasn't it great when... and this moment was so cool..."



2) Mini-Vacations - Last weekend I went to Nanaimo on Vancouver Island for a friend's wedding. I went up Friday evening, stayed at a friend's house Friday night, went to the wedding and came home Saturday night. I love getting out of the city for a bit.



3) Good Memories - As a kid my family camped in Qualicum Beach which is about a 30 minute drive north of Nanaimo. We went to the same campsite for aprx 20 years. Recently the campsite has been closed and a new housing development has been started. Although I didn't go see the new development a friend of mine did and posted pictures on Facebook. Seeing his pictures brought back all sorts of good childhood memories. Here's what the beach at the campsite looked like:




4) Tea at the London Heritage Farm House - Last Sunday my Women's bible study had our wrap up event for the year. We had a lovely tea at the London Heritage Farm. The farm was built in the 1880s and is filled with period pieces (old furniture, clothes, and toys). We had delicious home made cookies and scones along with our tea (which was a mix of black tea, and fruity tea).

5) Learning new words - This week I learnt that a pangram is a sentence assembled by using all the letters of the alphabet. Nevin Nollop developed the popular pangram "The quick brown fax jumps over the dog".

5 comments:

ellen b. said...

Hi Julia! Sounds like you had a lovely week. I've been on the Nanaimo ferry to Vancouver Island once.
Beautiful country. The London Heritage Farm looks like a place I'd love to visit and have tea...
Have a wonderful weekend.

Brenda said...

My adult children went to see the movie Up and cried. . . I can't wait to see it too!

Susanne said...

Julia, so glad to hear from you again in Fave Five!

I would love to go to that Heritage Farms for tea. It sounds lovely and what a great way to wrap up the year for your lady's study!

My daughter said "Up" was a masterpiece and we had to go see it.

The little getaway sounds like a wonderful time.

Anonymous said...

I've heard great things about "Up" and look forward to seeing it.

That Farm House sounds wonderful!

Robin said...

Heritage Farms looks like my kind of place!