Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My first (partial) sock

Considering that my blog is called "My Knit Blog" (so unoriginal, I know!) it's really been a while since I've posted about anything knitted. I when to the SCC knitting group Monday night so I finally picked up some needles. I was working away on my first knitted sock. I've finished turning the heal and I'm starting to pickup the side stitches. I was so excited when I finished turning the heal! It actually looks like a sock at that point (as opposed to just a knitted cylinder).

My mom, sister, and brother saw the partial sock around a week and a half ago at Mayne Island. They were all so impressed at the colour patterns. I'm using a self patterning yarn and they all thought that I was using different coloured yarn to get the patterns! Ya right! I have yet to make something using different coloured yarns. Anyway, I'll leave you with a pic of above mentioned sock (taken about a week or two ago).


No comments: