Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Pin Wheel Blanket is finished...well, sort of.

Last night I finished binding off the pin wheel blanket! All I need to do is weave the ends in, and block it. I've never blocked anything before so it should be interesting. My plan is to buy some pins from the fabric store, wet the blanket, lay it out and pin it to my bed mattress. (I'll do it on Saturday when the sheets are being washed.) One of the ladies from my knitting group last night told me that because the yarn is a 50/50 cotton/acrylic blend it won't block as nice as wool, but I'm going to try it anyway. (besides I have nothing to compare it to, so how would I know the difference!)

I did a swatch for the sweater but the needles were too big and I forgot the 3.5 needles at home. (well, not so much forgot as walked-past-and-didn't-think-I-would-need-them-so-left-them-on-the-counter-on-purpose! D'oh!)

I have cast on for another pair of Fetching (fingerless mitts) for a friend for Christmas, as she noticed mine the other week and really seemed to like them. I'm making them in a dusty blue colour that I really hope she likes.

No comments: