Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Yarn Purchase and General Busyness

Wow, its been awhile since I've posted. I've been so busy at work. My work hosted a conference and I helped with the setup. The conference was Thursday evening to Saturday, so the days leading up were filled with organization and setup. Thursday evening we had a reception and I had to stay at work until 8:30pm. Then on Friday I hosted 5 wives of the conference attendees. We took a limo up to Grouse Mountain, had lunch at the top, took in a lumberjack show, then headed down the mountain and took a drive around Stanley Park.

In addition A's wedding was last Saturday (and I was in the wedding party) so Friday night and Saturday was filled up with wedding stuff. My time was so short that I didn't have time to return to work from Grouse Mt. and had to be dropped off at the wedding rehersal by the limo! I pre-warned the my friend that I was not trying to top the bride, just appease her by being on time. :) The wedding was great and us bridesmaids receieved many complements about how good the dresses looked. (There were made by the bride's grandmother who is a professional seamtress.) I'd love to show a picture but I don't have a digital camera. :(

Yesterday I had to return a vase to Micheals and while there I saw some Lily Sugar'n Cream on sale! Yeah me! I've never seen Lily yarn around here. (Although I've received some from swap pals.) I usually buy Bernant Handicrafter Cotton. It comes in a 50g skein. The Lily was a big skein of 340g. This will make aprx 7 dishcloths. Yikes that will last awhile! The hardest part was deciding the colour. I like to have lots of different colours to choice from but now I'll have lots of stuff in the same colour. I decided on the varigated colour Plum Pudding. (Again no picture b/c no digital camera.) The cost was only $5.00. Bought separately that much yarn would have cost me $11.00. I love getting a good deal!

I haven't done much knitting in the past month but I've picked it up again this week. I started a dishcloth from the Monthly Dishcloth Knit Along I'm part of. I should be done in a couple of days.

So here is my question to everyone out in blogland. I do love the making dishclothes but with this much cotton is there anything else I can make besides dishclothes?

No comments: