Friday, August 15, 2008

Book Review: The Friday Night Knitting Club


This book combines my two current passions: knitting and reading. The story focus on a single mom, her daughter, and the store she owns and runs. It's also about the lives of the women who come to the weekly knitting club, and how they go from a group who have a common interest in knitting to a group of friends involved in each others lives. I was a little confused at the beginning of the book as the store switched from character to character each being told in the first person. Once I got into the story though I couldn't put it down. I finished the book in a week and half.

I would reccommend this to others. And I'm adding Kate Jacobs next book Comfort Food to my ever growing to-be-read list.

2 comments:

Monica (aka monnibo) said...

This one's already on my TBR list! Glad to hear it's worth it. :)

Christina said...

I read this one and loved it.