Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Knitting update and winnings!


Good news! I have finished knitting my first sock! No, not not my first pair of socks, my first sock - singular. Yes, I am exceptionally slow at this, but I'm very excited that the first one is finished! This picture was taken last night at the SCC knitting group. After watching a great clip from this website I have kitchner stitched the end of toes. Whew, that took longer than I thought it would. Now I'm on to sock #2.
Monica joined me at the SCC knitting group last night. Monica recently had a contest for her 1000th blog post. She had several prizes and I won one! She brought the prize last night and here's what I received: The novel Chocolat, patterned tissues, a bookmark, cute little notepad, and a pack of gel pens. Which is great considering that I've been on a reading kick lately. Go read Monica's post for a picture of my prize, along with all the others she gave way.
Well, I'm off to start sock #2. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the website link! I also found this site helpful when I was learning how to knit. It has a great series of how to videos with tips on knitting for beginners.