Friday, October 10, 2008

Friday Fave Five

"It's a place to come on Friday's and think back over your week and just post 5 favorite things from your week. It can be anything that tickled your fancy over the week. Favorite quotes, posts, happenings, scriptures, recipes, pictures, etc. Link to the Living to Tell the Story blog."

1) Mandarin Oranges: I had my first mandarin orange this year. It's the earliest in the season I've ever had one. Yum Yum! I love the smell they give off when you peel them. It smells like Christmas to me.

2) Mountains: I was driving north on the Alex Fraser Bridge a couple of days ago and got a great view of the North Shore Mountains. They are beautiful and can be seen no matter where in Greater Vancouver you are. I love the beautiful place I live!

3) A free ticket to VIFF: A co-worker gave me 2 free tickets to Vancouver International Film Festival. I made plans to go see a film tonight with my old roommate. (We ended up missing the show due to traffic and showing up late, but it was nice to get a free ticket anyway. Maybe I can get out to a re-play tomorrow.)

4) Girl Guide Cookies: More yummy food from this week. My supervisor was selling these at work today for his daughter. They are the chocolate covered mint ones.

5) This quote that was emailed to me this week:

Whatever you give a woman, she's going to multiply.
If you give her sperm, she'll give you a baby.
If you give her a house, she'll give you a home.
If you give her groceries, she'll give you a meal.
If you give her a smile, she'll give you her heart.
She multiplies and enlarges what is given to her.
So - if you give her crap, you will receive more shit than any one human being can handle.
Love and appreciate all the women in your life.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Love your quote! It sounds like you live in a beautiful place.

Susanne said...

LOL to the quote. Oh so true!

Now you have me majorly craving mandarin oranges. Loooove them. We go through boxes around our house for the season that they are out. I've never been to Vancouver but have always wanted to go.

Robin said...

I love mandarin oranges too!

Anonymous said...

This post had me laughing, and I showed it to my husband and eh laughed and said "Amen to that!".

Thanks for visiting Borrowed Freedom.

Blessings
Susan

Willow said...

You had a great week! Thanks for sharing it.

I am waiting for the mandarins on my tree to ripen! Some are turning yellow. They're usually ready in December.

Loved your quote, heheh.