Thursday, October 23, 2008

Friday Fave Five

"It's a place to come on Friday's and think back over your week and just post 5 favorite things from your week. It can be anything that tickled your fancy over the week. Favorite quotes, posts, happenings, scriptures, recipes, pictures, etc., etc. Go and make your own post, be as detailed as you like, link to the Living to Tell the Story Fave Five post and then add yourself to the Mr. Linky."


1) Good books: There just nothing like a good book to curl up with on cool fall days (or any day really!). I'm soon to post about a great book I just finished called Grace in Thine Eyes by Liz Curtis Higgs.

2) Yarn: The yarn I ordered online came in the mail this week. Three skeins of Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in Raging Purple. It's not as dark a purple as I used for Fetching but it's not a pale, washed out purple either. Can you imagine wearing a sweater you made yourself. Yes, it will be lots of knitting work, but the payoff's gonna be great!

3) Work: I'm thankful that I have a job that is quite slow today. Our CEO and my supervisor are both away today and I can be a slacker and write this post while "on the job".

4) Good advice: As many people do I freeze bananas when they become too ripe, then when I have the time and inclination I'll take then out of the freezer and make banana bread. I normally just toss the whole banana, peel and all, in the freezer and then de-frost the entire thing when it comes time to bake. Recently while at a friend's house I saw that she had bananas in her freezer that were in plastic bags. After I asked she told me that before putting them in the freezer she peels the bananas as this makes it easier to use them when it comes time to bake. I've started doing this and now have several ziplock type bags with banana peices in them. I look forward to baking with them and not having to peel half frozen and soggy bananas!

5) Inspirational quotes: from this website. One of my fav's is:

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined." Thoreau

4 comments:

Susanne said...

Great idea about the bananas. I'll have to do that too! And I am totally there with you on good books. Love, love, love a good book. I'm just starting to read some Liz Curtis Higgs fiction and am so far enjoying it.

ellen b. said...

I just recently learned this better method of freezing bananas, too. The Mennonite Girls can cook blog had a great recipe for a coffee cake that uses bananas. Hope you get some time to enjoy your reading and knitting this weekend!

Denise said...

I liked your list sweetie.

Lana G! said...

My husband loves frozen bananas so they would never last to make anything with!!

I plan to finish a couple of books this weekend! Maybe I will do that while enjoying a frozen banana!