Friday, October 31, 2008

Friday Fave Five

"It's a place to come on Friday's and think back over your week and just post 5 favorite things from your week. It can be anything that tickled your fancy over the week. Favorite quotes, posts, happenings, scriptures, recipes, pictures, etc., etc. Go ahead and grab the button and make your own post, be as detailed as you like, link to the Living to Tell the Story Fave Five post and then add yourself to the Mr. Linky."


1) New Shoes: Even better is new shoes at a great price! Twice every year Ronsons holds a warehouse sale in my city and all shoes are sold for 39.99. This year I bought 1 pair of shoes for 39.99 and when I got home I noticed that the price on the box was 112.99. I love getting a great deal!

2) Pacific Theatre: Thursday I went to Pacific Theatre and saw Mourning Dove. PT is a very small theatre in Vancouver. They are connected to a church, but don't necessarily put on "Christian" plays. Their shows are based on moral issue and are designed to get you thinking and talking. I had a 2 for 1 coupon and went with a good friend to see Mourning Dove. What a touching play it was! I left with tears in my eyes.....and was sniffling by the time we got to the car.

3) Good friends: Further to #2 the friend I went to the play with is a great friend. One of those friends you can cry in front of and not feel bad. (In fact she's seen me cry on one than one occasion.)

4) 50% off coupons: It's much easier to go see a play when it costs you about the same as seeing a movie in the theatre!

5) Getting to use some sign language: A couple of years ago I took a sign language course at night school. Last Sunday at church I saw a friend signing to someone. I stopped by to say hello (in my very limited sign language). She was signing to a deaf man who has been attending our church. They invited me to sit with them next Sunday, when a translator will be translating the sermon for him.

4 comments:

Susanne said...

Shoes! And a deal on shoes! You are talking my language and that would definitely make a fave list in my books.! Clicked on your link and saw a great pair that I'm now wanting.

How nice that you got to see a great play with a great friend. That is always a blessing!

Denise said...

Nice favs sweetie.

Jen said...

I love sales and coupons too!
Glad you had a good week!

Michelle said...

Hi there .
I see that you're a local blogger,Great deal on the shoes ;-) Wonderful to see a play with a friend.Have a great week (in the rain)